Trials of the "Not-So-Mommy" Mommy.

marriage is not for the faint-hearted. neither is having babies.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

reality butterflies.

as i hit the six week mark to the wedding, i feel the butterflies doing their formations in my stomach every now and then. im not sure exactly what it is. nervous anticipation of a new life? the fact that my sister is mentally redecorating my room at this very minute? that i will be living in someone elses house for the rest of my life?

i think till now the whole process of getting married had been one of lighthearted introspection and a removed acceptance. sort of an underwater realization that it is me getting married this time. but as the days start ticking by faster (as they do towards the end) i am beginning to feel my insides dance in a variety of moods. part of me wants to put my head under the blanket in clinginess to the life i have right now. but another, more insistent part of me cant wait to start life with k who deals with my mad ramblings and incessant plans with good natured humour.
and as the weeks literally melt into july, i am slowly packing up the old,
ready to move into the dreams i have chosen for myself.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger KM said…

    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
    now iv got butterflies!

    this ones emotional jammie!maybe ur crazy sisters are feeling the butterflies too, they are after all loosing a member of the jam trilogy!

     
  • At 8:23 AM, Blogger BBCD said…

    Before being corrected i would have related this to the "other" post. ahem *shuts up*

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Sapphire said…

    so many of us are watching you take your big step jammie. Feel the love =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home