Trials of the "Not-So-Mommy" Mommy.

marriage is not for the faint-hearted. neither is having babies.

Monday, July 18, 2005

im on top of the world, looking down on creation...

Majority of the past few days have felt like my intestines are doing some kind of twisty dance. as a person who is getting married "late in life", I have gotten used to marrying friends and cousins off and dancing and singing and genereally being an onlooker-participant type; which is why getting married myself has been confusing. Half the time i feel like Im attending a wedding and the other half of the time, Im trying to remember that this is MY wedding. At the mayoun/milad, I had an out-of-body experience as i watched the whole proceedings hovering above, watching me sit there, laugh insanely, sing, dance. And the me that was above kept whispering to the me below, its you getting married, its you!! Most of my wedding preps are over, and with the main functions left, I find myself slipping into the "watch from above" mode ever so often, looking with amusement at the bride down below.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:09 AM, Blogger BBCD said…

    What an amazing discription of a feeling so special! will be thinking of you in the next few days to come! smiling to myself! Good luck sweety!

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Blogger SR said…

    good luck =)

     
  • At 9:17 AM, Blogger damned said…

    same goes =)

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger damned said…

    same goes =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home