Trials of the "Not-So-Mommy" Mommy.

marriage is not for the faint-hearted. neither is having babies.

Friday, July 22, 2005

on my last single night...

...i went to espresso with drying mehndi on my hands with meena and mars and we drank coffee and laughed and took mad pics.

...my red hot chilli pepper bottle got smashed to bits by my darling niece, who i still love despite that.

...my morning nikah outfit got left behind at the tailors with no hope of recoevry before the ceremoney tomorrow.

...my cousin, sisters and i tried to figure out what to do and ended up family gossiping instead.

...i wrote an email which signaled the end of an era.

...i prayed to Allah Mian to help me retain my sense of humour and faith and to keep me realizing that this is all some detail of a large plan which im too small to understand.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger cheesoo said…

    youre making history sarah.. personal and another sort...

    its odd how readers of a blog feel part of what you choose to share with them...i make my hubby read posts i like a lot and in the last few days iv said little smiley duas for you as you start on this new, exciting and often mad safar...
    god bless you very much!

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger insiyasyed said…

    the first thing i do when i get online is check this blog. its my happiness for the rest of the day. :) inshallah you'd have the most perfect life. amen.

     
  • At 2:38 AM, Blogger KM said…

    love u jammie!
    it was the most amazing night!

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Blogger BBCD said…

    SubhanAllah! i been watching Kays blog, its true what cheesoo said i do feel like a part of the wedding, hahah mad isnt it! WIshing you a wonderful marriage like your wonderful wedding!

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger M K Abbas said…

    tumhari wedding has become an online reality event of sorts - its got a great viewship and the ratings are soaring sky high :D !!

    As my nani would say dudho nahao phullo phalo !! its a funny little phrase with so much depth and a beautiful wish for a newly wed.

    So, Hows Life as Mrs.Wyne ? :D

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Saady said…

    congrats....
    have a fun filled life !

     
  • At 2:02 AM, Blogger Mina said…

    hahaha YAAYYY cheesoo's full right, i'm so pleased for you :D:D bauhat mubarik ho, i hope you're the old couple holding hands on the park bench in oh, i don't know, fifty years? (that's my epitome of blissfully married life *grin*) but hooraayyyy *does a little bhangra*

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger Sapphire said…

    I will second everyone here. I hope you have the bestest married life ever. InshahAllah. My prayers and best wishes are with you.

    -saphiya

     

Post a Comment

<< Home