Trials of the "Not-So-Mommy" Mommy.

marriage is not for the faint-hearted. neither is having babies.

Friday, September 23, 2005

8 weeks and I’m still married.

I remember many times, when, in a tone of genuine mirth, my mother would wonder as to who would be insane enough to marry me and what would become of the poor man. Apparently I had zero tolerance (I shouted too much), a severe lack of communication (I wasn’t interested in listening), commitment issues (I got bored too easily), intensity issues (I took myself too seriously), no culinary expertise (to bowl him over and prevent him from noticing my other mental disabilities) and was totally obsessed with my work (hey I love what I do!). On my second month-a-versary today, I’m still married…if for no reason, but to prove my mother wrong. happy month 2 together k, i love you.

9 Comments:

  • At 2:48 PM, Blogger JonyBr said…

    Haha. I like the reason :)

     
  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger ~meyum & a half~ said…

    is this the quick answer to old post:)

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger BBCD said…

    Congratualtions! lol at your mothers reasons for you not being abled to get married!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger karrvakarela said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger karrvakarela said…

    Hi Jammie,

    You write really well. May I link your last post to my blog? You've got a great way of making things accessible.

     
  • At 3:32 AM, Blogger Faith said…

    8 weeks huh! nice...
    my mum is the exact same way... she's convinced im crazy and will never find anyone... he he... lets hope i prove her wrong one day too... cheers to ur 8 weeks!!!

     
  • At 3:51 AM, Blogger jammie said…

    hehe. karrvalarela...sure go ahead. you can link.
    shonii...i think moms are SUPPOSED to make us feel that way so we feel better at the small victories later!

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger atrophying said…

    congrats! the 1st year is always he hardest, or so ive been told, but you seem to be glowing MashAllah :)

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Stacy said…

    If you embodied all those reasons to not get married but now you are I must say, PHEW!!!--there's still hope for me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home