Trials of the "Not-So-Mommy" Mommy.

marriage is not for the faint-hearted. neither is having babies.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

bbq's and birthdays...

Last year, November 27 was a strange strange time.
I hadn't said yes to k so the question hung heavy in the air.
We were suspended in that odd, zingy place where you aren't quite friends anymore, but you aren't more either.
At midnight we were at Hussy's where we cut a piece of mithai and sang happy birthday, completely oblivious to the fact that this year, we would be eating a cake made by the same Hussy at a bbq on the our rooftop, and I would be his wife of 4 months. Life is one of the most hilarious things I have seen...in my life.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

7 Comments:

  • At 5:56 AM, Blogger KM said…

    yaaaaayyyyyyyy!
    im so glad i made it for this one.
    and i didnt get time to mention it then, but u guys gave me the warmest welcome!
    total pre-jury pampering!
    and now, post-jury...i love u guys!
    thanks for being there for me!

     
  • At 7:27 AM, Blogger Trader Joes said…

    Yummm...that cake looks to die for ! Was that ganache topping ??

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger Shezalldat said…

    hang on a second.. was it ur bday or k's? k's post says it was his but urs sort of gave me the idea it was urs. (i read urs first). do u guys have the same bday? my bro in law and his wife doo.. (sort of meant to be thingees!)

    i have a feeling it was k's... considering ur post regarding selecting a bday gift! so what was it?

     
  • At 7:37 PM, Blogger mahnoor said…

    those lanterns are so gorgeous! and yes, the cake is too much for chocolate starved me!! hehe looks like fun! happy belated birthday to k!

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Shezalldat said…

    yes.. i came back on to say that the lanterns look.. wooow! ive been thinking abt them all day in class since i last ur post! wooowzie! are they handmade or store bought? i ask too many q's, dont i?

     
  • At 12:37 AM, Blogger insiyasyed said…

    "Life is one of the most hilarious things I have seen...in my life." - jammie.

    write a book. :) and hand me a signed copy.

     
  • At 4:06 AM, Blogger saba said…

    looks like a fun party :)

    those lanterns are indian, right?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home