Trials of the "Not-So-Mommy" Mommy.

marriage is not for the faint-hearted. neither is having babies.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

ready, get-married, go!

i recently faced my first "so any good news?" type querying intrusion. as i stared at the lady who is very close to me actually (relation-wise) i wondered if i should honestly share with her my beliefs on the topic and remind her ive been married all of only 70 days or simply smile sweetly and let her think what she might. i decided (against my better judgement) to speak up, only to have her shake her head at me disappointingly, advising me on the opposite, without even listening to me.

no matter how long you might have been going out, been in love, wanted to get married or even lived together, when you marry, you start again. its a new set of circumstances, a fresh set of ideas, a brand new packaging of everything that you might have always felt and wanted. i believe it becomes so important to be together by yourselves for a while, learn anew or new what the person is all about...figure out shared dreams and projects and ideals and plans...understand first the couple that one must evolve into without losing sense of the individual and rushing headfirst into a unit.

9 Comments:

  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger 1 Romantic Wedding said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger insiyasyed said…

    my sister was lucky in this sense. she moved to the US. and now all 'such' queries are directed to mum, and us siblings! why would 'aunties' not understand that its much too personal to ask someone this question!?

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Trader Joes said…

    Agreed 100% with you Jammie.

    Don't let the "aunties" get the best of you. Trust me, when you get married, they want kids, when you have one, they want another one. The cycle is never ending.

    Just smile at them and keep them wondering ;) ALWAYS !

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Blogger Sapphire said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:14 PM, Blogger Sapphire said…

    i second insiya. kuch aisa hi scene this side. My sister got married in miami and left us to answer the queries. now mashahAllah, after 6 years, the reply is positive. :D

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    lol, my mammiii has been married 12-13 years, has two adorable kids and old women in our family still ask her this... go figure!!!

     
  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger 3rd avenue said…

    my mommy got asked this for 16 years after she was married because she didnt have a son till then.
    tauba

     
  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger Shezalldat said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Arun said…

    LOL! I know what you mean by "Any good news". My wife and I used to hear it at every family gathering. Not any more. They've given up on us. For now, both of us have two standard replies.

    1. Good news? Oh yes! I just got a promotion.

    2. Good news? Oh! Any year now!

    ~ Arun

    p.s. Great blog. Bookmarking you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home